Gathering around friends and family is such a blessing, isn't it?
This Thanksgiving my family and I are taking some of our favorites to share... including these Pumpkin Muffins!
These pumpkin muffins are packed with warming spices and are even gluten free!
Here is how you can enjoy them:
½ cup organic butter*, softened
¾ cup coconut sugar
¼ teaspoon stevia
3 organic eggs
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
1 cup almond flour, fluffed and measured by spoonfuls
1 cup millet flour, sifted twice (or for protein-rich muffins, try Love and Peas Sugar Free protein powder )
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric, optional
Optional crumb topping:
1/3 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
1) In a mixing bowl, whip the butter, coconut sugar and stevia for 1 minute.
2) Add the eggs and beat well.
3) Add in the almond milk, pumpkin and vanilla.
4) Combine the almond flour, millet flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
5) Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Don’t over mix.
6) Pour batter into a stoneware or non-Teflon muffin pan with unbleached muffin liners -OR- pour into a 9x13x2 inch glass pan coated with grapeseed oil spray.
7) (If using crumb topping): In a small bowl, mix the crumb topping ingredients together and sprinkle on top of the batter.
8) Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Test for doneness when a knife inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven to a wire rack to cool completely. Lightly cover to store. Tastes great without frosting.
*We have only made this with butter, so I am not sure how coconut oil or avocado oil would turn out for dairy free (yet).