My Favorite Soup
Winds of autumn are blowing, so I cooked up a nourishing pot of soup and wanted to share the goodness with you... This is an excellent way to use lots of veggies and get a thicker, creamier soup without dairy!
This recipe is featured on page 130 of my Cook 2 Flourish Cookbook, but in case you don't have it yet, you can still enjoy this warming recipe:
1 garlic clove, minced
1 large onion, chopped
3 organic celery ribs with leaves, chopped
½ head cauliflower, chopped into small florets or 1 ½ cups chopped yellow squash
3 cups of chicken broth
1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder, optional
2-3 large organic carrots, sliced
2 cups thinly sliced kale or swiss chard
1 sprig fresh thyme, optional
Dash ground black pepper
Dash cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon REAL® sea salt
1 teaspoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 ½-2 cups cooked chicken breast, cut up into bite size pieces
½ cup frozen peas, optional
1) Place garlic, onion, celery and cauliflower and broth into a soup pot over medium high heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the veggies are soft and tender.
2) Remove 1/3 of the broth and as much of the vegetables as possible. Place in a blender or food processor with the arrowroot powder and blend until smooth/pureed, approximately 15-30 seconds. (Tip: if using a blender, keep a firm hand on the lid since the contents are hot).
3) Add the carrots and greens to the soup pot and simmer 3-5 minutes. Add the spices, chicken and peas (if desired).
4) Stir in the pureed vegetables. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes or until carrots are cooked but not mushy.
5) Ladle the soup into bowls and serve immediately. Enjoy!!