Sometimes pancakes just sound good, you know? Thankfully, they can be made healthier to make a more nourishing breakfast! Enjoy!
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Makes 6-8 pancakes
½ cup unsweetened canned pumpkin puree
3 organic eggs
2 Tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ Tablespoon cinnamon
¼ cup coconut flour
2 Tablespoons raw honey, coconut sugar, or erythritol
1) Beat the eggs and pumpkin together in a small bowl. Stir in 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla extract.
2) In a separate bowl mix together the protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, coconut flour and your choice of sweetener.
3) Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir to thoroughly combine.
4) Line a stainless steel baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper lightly with non-stick grapeseed oil spray or better yet, bake on stoneware. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto stoneware per serving.
5) Bake in preheated 320 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
6) Serve immediately with organic butter, raw honey, pure maple syrup grade B, pecans or fresh fruit.
Tip: If you have leftovers, you could use as a wrap with almond butter and apple slices or along side of a salad with a chicken breast.
Recipe from Cook 2 Flourish Cookbook