No matter what time of year, this soup is simply delicious!
The comforting creaminess mixed with the bright, nourishing orange hues are sure to make this a family favorite! Happy cooking!
2 cups butternut squash (9 ounces)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup organic carrots, sliced
3 garlic cloves
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil
½ teaspoon REAL® sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon -OR- fresh sage, chopped*
3 cups unsweetened almond milk -OR- chicken broth, divided (preferably homemade or MSG free)*
1) Peel and cut the butternut squash into 1 inch chunks. Place the squash in a 9x9x2 inch glass baking dish with the onion, carrots and garlic.
2) Toss with the oil, sea salt, pepper and sage (if using).
3) Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25-35 minutes or until soft and tender.
4) Place the vegetables in a high speed blender with 1 ½ cups of milk or broth, cinnamon (if using) and blend 40 seconds until smooth.
Keep a firm hand on the lid since the contents are hot. Pour into a 2 quart saucepan.
5) Pour the remaining 1 ½ cups of broth or milk into the blender and blend on high for 15 seconds to clean the pitcher. Then pour into the saucepan and stir well.
6) Simmer on medium-low until hot. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve immediately.
*If you want a creamier, richer and sweeter soup, use the cinnamon and unsweetened almond milk instead of the sage and chicken broth.
Grab a bowl, and enjoy!
p.137 Cook 2 Flourish Cookbook