Can you believe we are already half way through this year?! Time is flying!
In the midst of the celebration that the 4th of July brings, let's look at ways we can celebrate the freedom we have to be healthy as well!
Here are some easy recipes that you can use to flourish on the 4th of July!
½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
¾ teaspoon liquid stevia, to taste
9 cups cold filtered water
4 cups ice, for serving
1) Combine the fresh squeezed lemon juice, liquid stevia and cold water then stir well.
2) Taste to see if you need more stevia.
3) Pour over ice in individual glasses. Serve immediately.
6 cups green cabbage, shredded
2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
1 cup carrots, shredded
¼ cup onion, finely chopped
½ cup Vegenaise®
¼ cup organic plain Greek yogurt, (or Cashewgurt)
2 Tablespoons raw honey
10 drops liquid stevia
2 ½ Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 ¼ Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ teaspoon REAL® sea salt
Dash ground black pepper
1) Place cabbage, carrots and onion into a large mixing bowl.
2) Add the Vegenaise®, yogurt, honey, stevia, lemon juice, vinegar, almond milk, sea salt, and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve. Stir to combine before serving.
Tip: Put small serving bowls in the freezer. Serve the coleslaw in the chilled bowls.
Tea Time Marinade for Chicken or Salmon
Makes ¾ cup
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon REAL® sea salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon oregano
¼ teaspoon whole rosemary, crushed
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 ½ Tablespoons avocado oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2/3 cup organic green tea, brewed
1) Combine all ingredients and pour over meat and marinade for 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator. A glass dish or a BPA free Ziploc® style bag works best. Discard marinade.
2) Chicken - Bake, fry in stainless steel skillet with water or grill chicken until completely done and juices run clear.
3) Salmon - Bake, cook in a stainless steel skillet or grill salmon. Don’t overcook it. Fish doesn’t take very long to cook, 4-5 minutes each side depending on the thickness.
For more mouth watering recipes, check out Cook 2 Flourish Cookbook!
Have a blessed holiday!