Easy & Healthy Chocolate Treats
One of my favorite things to share is how to still have your favorite foods and treats by "upgrading" your ingredients! With a few ingredient swaps, we can still have sweet treats that are delicious and stay on our healthy eating plan! It's the best of both worlds, right?!
Using dark chocolate (70% or higher) with stevia to sweeten it plus raw nuts and a garnish of unsweetened coconut makes for a easy healthy treat!
This recipe is one of my family's favorites all year round, and I hope you love it too!
Totally Tasty Turtles
Makes 2 ½ dozen
¾ cup (4.4 ounces) 70% or higher dark chocolate, chopped
150 pecan halves
Unsweetened shredded coconut, optional
1) Cover a large sturdy cutting board with wax paper.
2) Assemble the pecans on wax paper in clusters of five. Four on bottom and one on top.
3) In a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
4) Drop about one teaspoon full of melted chocolate over each pecan cluster. Make sure you drizzle over each pecan to glue them together as a cluster. Sprinkle with coconut (if desired).
5) Move the board of clusters to a cool place to harden. Once the chocolate cools and hardens, they can be placed on a dish and served. These refrigerate well up to 2 weeks.
Note: Once you are used to dark chocolate, these don’t need any sweetener. But, if you do need these sweeter, add 8 drops liquid stevia to the melted chocolate or more to taste.
Recipe featured on page 300 of Cook 2 Flourish Cookbook.