Maple Pomegranate Brussels Sprouts & Acorn Squash
Join me in the kitchen to create a marvelously delicious dish with three of my favorite foods: Brussels Sprouts, Pomegranates and Acorn Squash! Visit this YouTube video to see the full demo!
Maple Pomegranate Brussels Sprouts
3 cups Brussels sprouts
1 Tablespoon avocado oil
1 Tablespoon cranberry pear white balsamic
1/2 Tablespoon maple balsamic
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
sea salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
organic orange zest
pomegranate aril "jewels"
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash and chop the Brussels sprouts in half.
3. In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients, stir together and toss with the Brussels sprouts.
4. Toss the Brussels sprouts with cinnamon, salt and pepper.
5. Place onto an unbleached parchment paper lined cookie sheet or stone pan, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and add the slivered almonds, and put back in the oven to toast for 3-5 minutes, if desired.
7. Bring out of the oven and add the orange zest and pomegranate jewels.
Serve in a pretty bowl or inside a baked acorn squash "bowl." (For the acorn squash- see this recipe.)
The specialty olive oil and vinegar can be purchased at: heavenlyoliveoils.com/